header

header

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Wreath on the Cheap




Seems like all I'm doing here is posting about stuff you can make for your windows & doors.  There really is more than that.  I made this Spring wreath using pipe insulation curled into a circle and taped at the ends.  This stuff is under $2 for 4 feet of it.  I cut it to about 2 & 1/2 feet long for a wreath form about 18 inches in diameter.  I'm guessing here, I didn't really measure...  I wrapped green strips of construction paper around the insulation, because it melts when you try to hot glue anything to it.  I used 2 bags of green Spanish moss ($2.50/bag).  I took the moss out in clumps, trying not to separate it too much & glued it to the construction paper.  The moss make a really nice setting for whatever you want to add to it. Once I had it all covered in moss, I glued on some faux easter eggs & wound a ribbon around it.  I think it would also look good with some dried flowers, a bird nest, or really anything you want to stick in there.  The pipe insulation & Spanish moss totaled $7.  The ribbon was about a dollar & the eggs were about $2.  So there's a $10 spring wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment